Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
First Annual Woodside Soap Box Derby Day
Sunday, May 5, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PDT)
Welcome to the First Annual Woodside Soap Box Derby Day. Held the day after the May Day Parade this Derby is aimed at children from the ages of 6 to 12.
A simple and fun family day followed by barbeque and there will be two prizes on offer, Fastest Racer & Best Looking Car.
We provide a custom Woodside Soap Box Derby kit, everything you need to create your cart, just add decoration.
There will be a BUILD day on Sunday April 21st, held at 65 Mission Trail Rd: Turn into MIssion Trail Road, go through white gate and follow signs to park.
Attending the Build Day is highly recommended this is a locally made kit. We will help you with:
- Car assembly
- Adjusting Toe-In
- Preloading the wheel bearings
- Mounting Brakes
- Brake testing
- Test run on long driveway
FAQs - Important!
Is there an age limit to enter the event?
- Ages 6 to 12 Only
Can I make my own cart?
- No, we are asking everyone to use the same car kit to make the race depend mostly on the driver, not the car. Also for safety reasons.
I have more than one kid that will race, can they share a cart?
- Yes extra tickets are $20 each for addtional racers.
What do the kids have to wear?
- Closed toe shoes
- Long pants and long sleeves
- Yes when you buy your ticket you will be emailed a waiver to sign.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- Plenty of parking near the village pub.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Use the button on this page.
When & Where
Woodside Derby Day Committee
Random group of Woodside Dads who thought it would be a good idea.
- Bruce Carlsmith
- Bo Magnussen
- Marc Tarpenning
- Buno Pati
- Jason Seed